Synokoria Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beta Opinions

+2
Alianora
Fantasysci5
6 posters

Go down

Which guy did you choose first?

Beta Opinions I_vote_lcap14%Beta Opinions I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
Beta Opinions I_vote_lcap43%Beta Opinions I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]
Beta Opinions I_vote_lcap43%Beta Opinions I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Beta Opinions Empty Beta Opinions

Post by Fantasysci5 Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:10 pm

Hello fellow beta testers! <3

How is everyone liking the game so far? I'm really loving it! It's so unique compared to other otome games. And since I adored Halloween Otome, I am so happy with all of the scenes we get with Emma/Boyfriend. Without spoilers, this is the only video game that's ever made me cry.

What are your opinions of the game? How are you handling the stats? Which guy did you pick first? I chose Kiron.

(Spoilers are fine, just please use the spoiler tag. Very Happy )
Fantasysci5
Fantasysci5

Back to top Go down

Beta Opinions Empty Re: Beta Opinions

Post by Alianora Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:20 am

And while I liked the first, he was surprisingly not my favorite. Daire all the way!

Alianora

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobikies Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:51 pm

I don’t have a favourite but I liked moments from each route.
I’ve always liked stats so I’m a little biased. Guy I picked first was zane but that’s because I was going by order

Anyways question! One of the things that was suggested that we do was changing colours for names when a different person is speaking (feel free to throw any other types of suggestions on this page)
So we were thinking
Mira pink and everyone else blue? Or
Mira pink, main guys blue, everyone else???
Too many colours = too jarring?
Suggestions/feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
chocobikies
chocobikies

Back to top Go down

Post by Fantasysci5 Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:07 pm

Oooh, loving Daire's route!

chocobikies wrote:Anyways question! One of the things that was suggested that we do was changing colours for names when a different person is speaking (feel free to throw any other types of suggestions on this page)

Hmm, that's tough. There are so many characters I almost feel it would look too jarring. IMHO. <3

A suggestion: Would it be possible to put the current number of a stat? Like for example in the walkthrough it says you need 150 to get a certain scene, but I'm not sure how much I have just looking at the black bar.
Fantasysci5
Fantasysci5

Back to top Go down

Post by RooBerryBoo Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:32 pm

chocobikies wrote:

Anyways question! One of the things that was suggested that we do was changing colours for names when a different person is speaking (feel free to throw any other types of suggestions on this page)
So we were thinking
Mira pink and everyone else blue? Or
Mira pink, main guys blue, everyone else???
Too many colours = too jarring?
Suggestions/feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
I like the idea of Mira being pink while the main guys blue and everyone else being another color. I think it would make it easier to tell who is talking and such. But more than three colors would be jarring I think. Oh, I also like the idea of having numbers with the stats to help us keep track. The visual bar helps me see my progress but the numbers would help with the game as well.

RooBerryBoo

Back to top Go down

Post by RooBerryBoo Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:38 pm

I don't know if this a spoiler or not so #spoiler ? It is an opinion question on Zane's route.
Spoiler:

RooBerryBoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fantasysci5 Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:20 pm

I haven't played Zane's route yet, so can't help you there.

The name color changes and numerical stats are great in game! I also really love Jeff, in both routes so far. We're probably not even supposed to like him, but he's hilarious and I love him.
Fantasysci5
Fantasysci5

Back to top Go down

Post by Corynth Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:14 am

RooBerryBoo wrote:I don't know if this a spoiler or not so #spoiler ? It is an opinion question on Zane's route.
Spoiler:

I've been holding off on replying here because I was hoping to see the opinions of others as well before voicing my own, but here's what I have to say on the matter:
Spoiler:

Fantasysci5 wrote:I also really love Jeff, in both routes so far. We're probably not even supposed to like him, but he's hilarious and I love him.
Very Happy  Bic hates him. I also find him hilariously endearing. He's just so unapologetic about the way he is.
Corynth
Corynth
Admin

http://synokoria.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RooBerryBoo Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:40 am

I do have to say I really love Kaiser even my most favorite guy is Daire and they're enemies. The way Kaiser's commission looks on him is amazing as well.

RooBerryBoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Alianora Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:09 am

I definitely agree that showing numbers on the stat bars would be helpful.

Anybody else having a problem downloading 0.2.5 for PC, or is it just me?

Alianora

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobikies Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:16 am

RooBerryBoo wrote:I do have to say I really love Kaiser even my most favorite guy is Daire and they're enemies. The way Kaiser's commission looks on him is amazing as well.
I like him too. Didn't think I would in the first place but seriously there has been points where I mused about whether it was possible to make him a love interest at any stage to someone. Sadly the answer was no.

Corynth wrote:Very Happy  Bic hates him. I also find him hilariously endearing. He's just so unapologetic about the way he is.
Irrational but true. I dont like this dude. At all. It's like one of those rare "hate at first sight" thing....eh except this guy is fictional.

Alianora wrote:I definitely agree that showing numbers on the stat bars would be helpful.

I didnt mind numberless, but I guess it is easier for people using a guide to play with numbers. (Like how I wished I could see their goddamn affection level when I first played >_>)

I've just downloaded 0.2.5 for PC and no problems with it here.
chocobikies
chocobikies

Back to top Go down

Post by RooBerryBoo Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:25 pm

Alianora wrote:I definitely agree that showing numbers on the stat bars would be helpful.

I did the first time but I just tried again and it worked fine. I figured it was my internet.

I do have to say since we're nearing the end of beta testing from my understanding, I have had a whole bunch of fun playing this game and cannot wait to play it again after the release. It's so much fun to actually see what goes on into making a game.

RooBerryBoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Alianora Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:07 pm

At first I couldn't get 0.2.6 to download either, but it worked once I tried using Chrome instead of Edge.
RooBerryBoo wrote:
I do have to say since we're nearing the end of beta testing from my understanding, I have had a whole bunch of fun playing this game and cannot wait to play it again after the release. It's so much fun to actually see what goes on into making a game.

Absolutely fun! And I've appreciated the chance to use my typo-detecting powers for good.

Alianora

Back to top Go down

Post by Alianora Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:01 am

Alianora wrote:At first I couldn't get 0.2.6 to download either, but it worked once I tried using Chrome instead of Edge.
Okay, good, it's definitely an Edge thing rather than a VO thing since the browser wasn't letting me download something unrelated.

Alianora

Back to top Go down

Post by Corynth Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:59 pm

I said it in the email, but we'd like to once again thank all of you for your contributions to VO. The game would not be what it is today without you.

We're especially glad to hear everyone had fun playing it. After a while it becomes hard to assess the quality of your own work, so it's really reassuring to hear your opinions.

It's also been really heartening seeing you guys interact on the forum considering it's been practically dead for such a long time.

As the beta testing phase is drawing to a close, we'd like to get your opinions on what to do with this subforum once VO is released.
We were thinking of merging it back into the main VO subforum, but perhaps locking this thread while creating a new one for opinions on the released game.
Alternatively, we could keep the subforum, but change it from hidden to public or even just keep it hidden as it is now.

Let us know what you think is best.
Corynth
Corynth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RooBerryBoo Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:35 am

I'm not completely sure on what you should with this subforum. If it was possible, I would make it seen but not have anybody be able to post in it and create another opinion forum. I just do't know if that's possible.

RooBerryBoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune Lai Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:44 am

I don't see the harm in making it public if you're also going to lock it. Then it'll just be an archive for people curious about what went into the beta process.

Rune Lai

Back to top Go down

Post by Corynth Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:28 am

Locking this thread in preparation for release.
Thank you all for your input!
Corynth
Corynth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum